Forget about Migraines with Imitrex
Imitrex is also known as Sumatriptan and serves one of the most powerful headache drugs. The medication narrows blood vessels near the brain and decreases the amount of the substances in the organism that trigger nausea, sensitivity, pain and other symptoms of migraine. Imitrex is a potent medication prescribed as migraine headache treatment. The medication cannot prevent the headache and reduce the number of migraine attacks, though it is potent enough to eliminate the devastating symptoms of existing headaches.
Keep in mind that Imitrex should not be taken as a treatment of common headache or any other condition that differs from usual migraine headache. Take the drug only in case you are diagnosed with migraine headache and if your doctor approved Imitrex as an optimal solution for you.
Proper Imitrex Use – Halfway to Safe and Effective Treatment
Since Imitrex is a useful medication and it is frequently required, you should take it right to be sure the best possible results are achieved. Talk to your doctor before the medication intake. Provide a healthcare specialist with detailed information about the severity of your symptoms and other health disorders you have, especially:
- Kidney or liver disorders;
- Seizures, epilepsy or related complications;
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure;
- Heart related disorder, etc.
Never take Imitrex if you are allergic to its active ingredient (Sumatriptan) or similar treatments. Besides, the following health problems are contraindicated to Imitrex administration:
- Serious heart problems, including the history of heart attack or stroke;
- Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome or other severe heart conditions;
- Angina, coronary artery disease, poor blood supply to the heart, blood circulation problems, etc.;
- Liver damage;
- Uncontrolled or untreated high blood pressure and others.
Imitrex is not approved for patients younger than 18 years old. Additionally, pregnant and breastfeeding women should not administer the medication, since its components may produce a negative impact on the health of an unborn or nursing child.
Things to Avoid during Imitrex Intake
Apart from the mentioned safety issues, one should follow definite restrictions while taking Imitrex. First of all, the medication should not be combined with other remedies in order to avoid possible interactions with their negative consequences. Besides, it is important to be careful driving and doing other things that require accuracy, since Imitrex may impair your thinking and concentration abilities.
Imitrex Misuse and Related Side Effects
Seek emergency medical assistance in case any devastating symptoms appear after Imitrex intake. The signs may include:
- Problems breathing, hives, itching, swelling and other symptoms of allergic reaction;
- Severe headache, chest pain and irregular heartbeats;
- Symptoms of heart attacks;
- Stomach disorders and others.