Paxil – Antidepressant of a New Generation
Paxil, or Paroxetine, is an innovative antidepressant that features a powerful and safe action in a great number of psychical conditions. The treatment belongs to a group of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and affects unbalanced brain chemicals. As the result, the medication manages the chemicals in the brain, producing an inevitable calming effect on patients who are depressed, anxious, etc.
Paxil is commonly prescribed as a treatment of depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorders, premenstrual dysphoric problems, obsessive-compulsive issues and related conditions. Additionally, the drug may be used in other cases, though they should be supervised by a healthcare provider.
Paxil Safety Concerns: Contraindications, Precautions, Recommendations
Consult your doctor or online specialist to make sure you can take Paxil safely. Do not use the medication if you are allergic to its components. Pregnancy and breastfeeding are other conditions that are contraindicated with Paxil use. The drug should not be given to anyone under 18 years old. Due to the potent impact Paxil produces on the health of the patients, it should be taken only after doctor’s recommendation. Follow the safety guide and intake rules to benefit from the treatment course and stay safe.
Talk to your physician about other health problems you have, especially the following:
- Blood clotting disorders;
- Severe liver or kidney problems;
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure;
- History of heart attacks, stroke or related conditions;
- Convulsions, epilepsy or other seizure disorders;
- Manicdepression, etc.
Besides, mention all the drugs, supplements and herbal products you are using to eliminate the risk of negative interactions. Payultimateattention to the following treatments:
- Blood thinners;
- Migraine and headache treatments and others.
Risks of Paxil Side Effects
Follow all the recommendations of your doctor or online healthcare provider in order to feel the inevitable improvements and witness no side effects. Paxil overuse or misuse can lead to serious complications, including the following:
- Suddenmood changes;
- Panic episodes, aggravated anxiety and depression;
- Bonetenderness and pain;
- Appetite loss or sudden increase and related weight changes;
- Serious skin reactions, including sore throat, swelling, pale skin, etc.;
- Unpredictable reaction of the central nervous system;
- Fast heart rate, nausea, vomiting, agitation, diarrhea, and others.
Seek emergency medical assistance if any of these symptoms have appeared after Paxil intake. Call your doctor if the common side effects aggravate and become bothersome.