Tadalafil – Innovative Medication in the Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction
Tadalafil belongs to a group of PDE-5 inhibitors that work relaxing the blood vessels and increasing the blood flow to certain zones of the body, peculiarly to the penis. Tadalafil, also known as Cialis, is commonly prescribed to treat the conditions, including erectile dysfunction and benign prostatic hypertrophy. Additionally, Tadalafil can be used to improve the symptoms of pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Tadalafil Safety Concerns: Precautions, Contraindications, Recommendations for Use
Consult your doctor before Tadalafil administration. Do not use the drug if you:
- Are allergic to the drug or similar medications;
- Are woman or a child;
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding;
- Take other treatments to improve pulmonary arterial hypertension;
- Administer nitrate medicine, etc.
Provide your healthcare specialist with detailed information about other diseases or disorders you have, especially:
- Uncontrolled high or low blood pressure;
- Severe kidney or liver diseases;
- Stomach ulcers;
- Blood cell issues;
- History of congestive heart failure, heart attack, stroke and other related conditions;
- Peyronie’s disease;
- Bleeding problems;
- Retinitis pigmentosa, etc.
Possible Tadalafil Interactions
Inform your doctor about other prescription and non-prescription drugs you are taking to avoid undesirable side effects related to Tadalafil interactions with these medications. Mention all the remedies, including:
- Antiviral medications to treat HIV/AIDs, hepatitis C, etc.;
- Medications to treat uncontrolled high blood pressure;
- Antifungal remedies;
- Seizure drugs, etc.
Tadalafil Dose Information
Since Tadalafil is an effective medication that has a drastic impact on the organism, it should be taken according to definite rules. Talk to your doctor, provide all the necessary information for him/her to adjust a proper dose, duration of the medication course and intake periodicity. Follow the prescribed rules to make the treatment course safe and beneficial. Tadalafil dose will depend on the peculiarities of the patient’s health, severity of the condition and a range of other factors, though, the common dose recommended includes the following:
- For erectile dysfunction – initial dose is 10 mg Tadalafil when needed, not more than 1 pill a day. The maintenance dose may range from 5 to 20 mg daily.
- For pulmonary hypertension – 40 mg Tadalafil once daily;
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia – 5 mg medication each day at the same time.
Tadalafil Misuse and Related Side Effects
Proper Tadalafil use is the key to successful treatment course without complications. However, the medication misuse and overuse can activate devastating side effects, including:
- Severe allergic reactions;
- Blurred vision and other related downsides;
- Symptoms of heart attack;
- Problems breathing, etc.
Seek emergency medical assistance the moment you have noticed any complications.